Monday, January 7, 2013

Top 10 posts of 2012


I love to blog.

I love the time to myself, to reflect on what we are doing as a family.  I love sharing what the kids are up to, what they are learning in school, or all the crazy things they’ve been doing.  I love being able to process what I’m thinking about, and sharing all the photos I take of our daily life.


I thought it would be fun to see what the most read posts of 2012 were, and I was kind of shocked at what I found.  Some of the posts have  HUGE numbers!  I often think that the only people who read my blog are a handful of family and friends.  Truthfully,  even if no one read it, I’d still do it.  It’s a great way to document our family, and I love being able to look back.


So here they are, in order of popularity.  Hope you enjoy looking back as much as I did!
(Click on the photo to get to each post.)



1. Spanish Circle Time Printables 

I love teaching my kids new things.  This fall I created a bunch of printables  to help the kids learn to speak Spanish and shared them here on my blog for free.  I’ve been shocked at the response I’ve gotten.  This year, I have several more Spanish printables in the works.  Stay tuned for more!

Spanish Printables


2.  Homeschool Plans (Kindergarten)

This fall I also shared our school plans for the kids.  You can click here for 2nd-3rd Grade plans.

Homeschool Curriculum 2012-13




3. Our Miracle Story

Early in the year I opened up and shared our incredible story of adoption and miracle pregnancies.


Our Story of Adoption and Miracles Box




4.  Posh Princess Preschool {Letter Vv and Zin! Zin! Zin! a Violin Book Printables}

I blogged through the alphabet for Elaina’s Posh Princess Preschool.  This post was pretty popular and was also my very first set of printables I offered. 



Preschool Letter Vv
ZinZinZin




5. How to Dye Rice {for sensory play}

I wrote up a simple tutorial on how to dye rice.  We use ours all the time!


how to dye rice for sensory play




6. Mommy Moments

A collection of my thoughts on being a mom.  So much more to it than wiping boogers and changing diapers!


Mommy Moments



7. Transportation Unit

In the spring I shared all the activities Elaina did for her preschool transportation unit.


Transportation Unit




8.  Solar System Unit

The boys chose their science themes last year, and the Solar System Unit I put together was fun for all of us.  Lots of crafts and hands on activities supplemented with some book work, Language Arts, and Math made for a well rounded unit! 


Ringed-Planet-Craft_thumb


We also did a special Tot School and Preschool unit.  Click on the boxes for the posts.


MeandMyTotOuterSpace
outer space unit
Solar System



9.  Homeschooling {why we’ve chosen to….for now}

I shared why we are homeschooling and how it’s working for us.  I also started sharing a weekly meme called Peek at our Week this fall. 


Click on the box for all of Elaina’s preschool posts and Olivia’s Tot School posts.

Our Weekly Wrap-Up
LetterOfTheWeek BoxMeandMyTot box




10.  Calendar Journal Printables

Another really popular post on how we do Calendar Journaling here.  Check it out for some free printables!


Calender JournalCalender Months





I’d love to hear from you: What was your favorite post from last year?

Sarahblue












1 comment:

Amanda M. said...

I'm in Colorado Springs as well! ;)

I just read the post about all of your kiddos. What an amazing journey! I have an Alayna and a Nathaniel {although he goes by his FIRST name of Ivan...he was Nathaniel until he started school}. Beautiful post....