Friday, August 16, 2013

Peek at our Week {August 16, 2013 the one where we went to the ER}


Peek at our Week Mudpies and Makeup

It was a pretty strange week for us.


I forgot to take many pictures, mostly because I was nursing Saul back to health.


Saul in ER 2Saul in ER


Sunday night we ended up in the ER because Saul was having pain and his leg was swollen and tender.  It turned out that he had cellulitis!


Poor guy was miserable for a few days but luckily by his Birthday, he was able to get around a bit easier.

DSC05094

I tried to do school with the kids, but it was hard to be split up into too many responsibilities.  I ended up allowing them to watch a lot of TV….

DSC04939


Isaac Fishing

It was Isaac’s turn to go camping with Grandma and Grandpa.  He tried out fishing but didn’t have any luck this time.

Bummer.

We all missed him while he was away.  The house was a lot quieter too.  Winking smile


DSC05109
Nate was pretty lost without Isaac.  He did play with Legos a bunch and stayed in his room reading a lot too.  Whenever he wasn’t doing those things he was moping around telling me about how much he missed his brother.

So sad….

I don’t think Isaac had even been home 10 minutes when they had their first argument, but hey, I guess that’s pretty normal for the two of them…

DSC05069

Elaina was my big helper this week.  I actually love having her work beside me.  She is cheerful and bubbly and works very hard.

DSC05072

DSC05076

She did get into trouble this week at the Library.  She ran out into the street without looking and nearly got run over.  When I called for her to come to me, she looked at me and ran the other way…

Yea.

That’s never very wise.  I made her draw me a picture of how to stay safe in the street, and she missed out on technology for a couple of days too.

DSC05112


DSC05114DSC05116

Olivia was a handful this week, as seems to be her norm.   She had so many really long temper tantrums that I thought for sure she’d lose her voice.  Elaina kindly suggested that we install a “volume button” on Olivia.

I’m thinking some days, that’d be real nice.


I brought up the girls’ kitchen set and let Olivia “wash” her dishes with a little sponge.  It entertained her for an hour.

DSC05118

DSC05125

She’s been setting up yummy tea party’s ever since.

DSC05063DSC05073

She’s still lovin’ her sponge toy.  Funny how such a simple thing can catch her interest…

DSC05077

DSC05079

DSC05084


Good Eats Mudpies and Makeup

Elaina asked to be my kitchen helper nearly everyday this week.  She especially loved helping with Saul’s Birthday dinner and cake.

DSC05087


DSC05091DSC05093


DSC05095

DSC05099

DSC05101

DSC05055
Our awesome neighbors brought up some summer squash.  We used the zucchini right away (I love it!) and these little crook-necks were really good sautéed in Olive Oil.

DSC05059

DSC05080

I’m trying my hardest to eat healthy again.  It’d probably be easier if I didn’t have 4 “starving” kids to feed all day long, asking for chips, cookies, and ice cream….

The biggest adjustment is not using so much butter.

Around here we LOVE our butter.

DSC05108

I have Girls Night Out tonight, and tomorrow we go to pick up Isaac.  Other than that we don’t really have any plans.

What are your plans for the weekend?


Our Weekly Wrap-Up

No comments: