Saturday, August 3, 2013

Peek at our Week {August 3, 2013}


Peek at our Week Mudpies and Makeup

We had a great week!


A Play date, a Birthday Party, a new toy for the family, plus lots of mild weather were the perfect formula.


DSC04863

DSC04514

DSC04517

All the kids kept themselves busy with building/creating activities.  I’m telling you: the more you limit technology, the more creative your kids will become.

The trick is getting over the hump of them wanting to be entertained all the time.  Lucky for us, we have a great supply of things to keep them busy!

DSC04520

DSC04676
DSC04695

Thursday was First Day.  We were invited to a Going Away/Birthday Party that the kids had so much fun at!  My friend Stacey is so brave to invite all those kids to her house!

FirstDayMudpiesandMakeup

DSC04731

DSC04789
DSC04792

The kids put together a Circus performance as part of our Andy and The Lion unit.  They cut out tickets, divided roles, and spent the morning rehearsing their acts.



DSC04525

DSC04526


DSC04540
DSC04543

The only school we did this week was the Andy and The Lion unit I put together.  I Love school this way: when all the kids can do the same things.  It seems to flow much easier than our “normal” weeks.

DSC04590

DSC04591

DSC04604

DSC04502
DSC04505

DSC04579

DSC04581

I love this drawing that Olivia worked on with me!  She has been following my directions and trying her hardest to mimic what she sees.

DSC04585

DSC04804

DSC04829

(Cute little deer “eating” their way down our street. They're not so cute when they eat up all your flowers...)

DSC04834
DSC04833

The highlight of the week was by far putting together the new trampoline.  The same friends who’s party we went to, gave us their trampoline FOR FREE!!

Of course I eagerly volunteered Saul to go and disassemble it on his day off.  Winking smile

DSC04831

(Look at that cute little smudged face!)

DSC04841

DSC04856

All the kids wanted to “help” Saul put it together.  He worked tirelessly all afternoon to get it done.

DSC04857

DSC04846

It only took about 2 minutes to realize that 4 kids on a trampoline together isn’t a good idea.


(Don’t worry….it has a net.  It just wasn’t up yet in this picture.)


Do you see the laundry in the background?


DSC04836

That is Isaac’s laundry.

He decided to wash ALL of his clothes in one wash load (at least 3 loads worth).  When I saw him trying to shove it all into the dryer, and realized what he’d done, I made him hang it all on the clothes line.  It would’ve taken like seven hours in the dryer…

I felt a little bad when it rained on his nearly dry clothes.

And I felt really bad when the sprinklers went off and soaked them again.

Two days on the line and they were finally dry.  And nice and crunchy too.  Hopefully he never overfills the washer again…

DSC04554

I had to give myself a mini re-training session in Love and Logic.  The littlest girl of mine is changing the game plan, and I needed a new one.  Hopefully it helps…

DSC04843
DSC04845

Remember my botched nail polish from last week?  I had to soak off the Shellac polish because it was chipping and just looked terrible.

Never again.  What a waste of money and time!

In the end my nails turned out ok, but they are definitely weaker now from the filing she did.

DSC04849


Good Eats Mudpies and Makeup


DSC04819

My little helper made lunches almost every day this week.  That was awesome!

I feel like I can just see the day coming when I can tell the kids to fend for themselves and they will know what do to.  Just a little bit closer…

DSC04527

I made a big pot of Chili, and Ravioli.  We also had Steak Sandwiches and Tostadas.

DSC04550

DSC04827

DSC04564

DSC04567


DSC04624DSC04631

I tried making a cake roll, but the cake wouldn’t roll out for me.  I ended up just layering it instead.

DSC04535

Next week is a bit busier for us.  I’ve got a Dr. appointment, my Birthday, and my folks will be staying with us until Friday.

What are your plans for the week?

Our Weekly Wrap-Up

No comments: