Sunday, June 24, 2012

Tot School {31 Months}


We have way scaled back on the amount of time we have spent doing Tot School.  She hasn’t seemed very interested for a while now.  This past week her interest has picked up some.
We started off with some color work, specifically Yellow.  These are our favorite tools for learning colors:

DSC03059

She loves our set of Color Discovery Boxes.

DSC03049DSC03050

She has learned how to say all of the objects in the box and had fun pointing them out to me while I called them out.

DSC03060

This is a Montessori set of Knobless Cylinders that is great for stacking, grading, and pre-math skills.

DSC03053DSC03054

I am always so impressed with how well she can stack them, in the correct order too!

DSC03065

DSC03066DSC03068

I found this set, Who Lives Here?  at a garage sale a few weeks ago and she loves it!  I mean she.will.not.share.it.with.anyone! My am-ee-mals!  You have to find the matching pair under the little house.  It’s a pretty cute game.

DSC03235DSC03237

She saw her big sis doing this Magnetic Designer and played with it a bit too.  She would scream Wook Wook I did it! whenever she moved a magnet.

DSC03244

DSC03240

She requested this Color Fishing Set and it is always a good tool for practicing color names.

DSC03259

DSC03251

DSC03246DSC03247

This toy is a new find and she loves to play with it.  She strings, stacks, and makes the noises of all the animals.

DSC03269


DSC03270

She got to paint one day with her older sis and had so much fun making a big mess with her fingers.  She did her best to redecorate the table, her hair, and her PJ’s into a nice shade of yellow…

DSC03282

She still loves her Tag Jr. and is entertained by it for a much longer period of time now.

DSC03283

DSC03256DSC03258DSC03260

Just for Fun
DSC03156

DSC03169DSC03171DSC03172

We’ve been on a bit of a park – tour lately and Olivia always surprises me with how much she does and how brave she is to try new things.  I guess being the youngest of 4 means she has lots of examples to watch all the time.

DSC03209








5 comments:

Unknown said...

So many cute learning toys! Looks like a fun week!

Unknown said...

She is adorable! I so totally want those color boxes. They've been on my wishlist for quite awhile.

The Monko said...

Wow what great resources you have. I love the wooden who lives here puzzles, and the montessori knobless cylinders. You've given me some great ideas. Thanks

Unknown said...

Looks like she had lots of fun with yellow! And she's sooo cute! :) Thank you for linking in last week's High paw. Please stop by this Friday too and add your tot related posts! I'm enjoying reading and sharing them! Oh... speaking of sharing, I couldn't find your twitter or FB links on blog? You have profiles on those sites?

Sarah said...

You know what...I don't. (Should I?) I mostly just have this blog for fun and for family who live far from us. If that disqualifies me from your link-up I totally understand. Otherwise I would love to continue to link up!